The Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine runs two SEMSEP modules per academic year (autumn/winter, and spring/summer). Those modules are designed to up-date anyone interested in Sports and Exercise Medicine in various aspects of the specialty, and different topics of interest are covered every year by our team of experts. These modules take place on a Saturday morning in RCSI between 9am and 1.00pm/1.30pm, with registration starting at 8.30am.
SEMSEP Module 1 on "Lifestyle Medicine" took place on Saturday 16th November 2019 in RCSI.
SEMSEP Module 2 on "Medical Conundrums in Sports" took place on Saturday 15th February 2020 in RCSI.
Registration fees for academic year 2019/2020:
- FSEM Fellows and Members - €30 (this rate applies to FSEM Fellows/Members in good standing with the Faculty)
- FSEM Non-Fellows and Members - €50 (this rate applies to anyone not affiliated with FSEM - Doctors in all specialties / Physiotherapists / Athletic Therapists / Paramedics / Nurses etc.)
- NCHDs & Postgraduate Students - €30
- Undergraduate Students - €20
- FSEM Student Members attend for FREE
FSEM Fellows and Members, Doctors in all specialties, Physiotherapists, Athletic Therapists, Sport/Exercise Scientists, Nurses, Paramedics, and Allied Healthcare Professionals with an interest in Sports and Exercise Medicine. Undergraduate students in relevant disciplines are also welcomed to attend.
There are different registration rates in operation for those modules (between €20 and €50); we have a reduced registration fee in operation for FSEM Fellows and Members in good standing, as well as NCHDs/trainees, and undergraduate students. Postgraduate students may avail of the NCHD/Trainee reduced rate.
All modules are approved for 6 external CPD credits by FSEM.