The Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine currently has 4 committees and 1 working group, as follows:
- Faculty Officers Committee ("Executive") - this committee is chaired by the FSEM Dean, and looks after corporate governance matters and finances - the 4 Faculty Officers sit on this committee (Dean, Vice-Dean, Honorary Secretary and Treasurer),
- Education Committee - this committee is currently chaired by Dr Ciaran Cosgrave, and looks after all educational events run by the Faculty (Spring Study Day, SEMSEP Modules, the Annual Scientific Conference - ASC, Journal Clubs and Grand Rounds etc.),
- PCS / CPD Committee - this committee is currently chaired by Dr Philip Carolan, and looks after all PCS matters, and the accreditation of external CPD events,
- Training Committee - this committee is currently chaired by Dr Eanna Falvey, and looks after the HST SEM programme, training accreditation, as well as the assessment of applications such as the Medical Council of Ireland's specialist registration applications in Sports and Exercise Medicine under Route E and Route F,
- and the Anti-Doping Working Group (WG) - this WG is currently chaired by Dr Conor O'Brien and deals with anti-doping matters.
The Faculty is in the early stages of setting up an Exercise Medicine Committee, and additional information regarding this new committee will be made available in early 2020.